I’m Having a Baby, Now What? Free Community-Based Birthing Class is a grassroots class funded by the Flourish Grant from Generate Health and the Missouri Foundation for Health. The class is free for participants and offered from 8:30- 4:30 on the second Saturdays of the month; for April and July there are 2 sessions. The information provided covers topics from changes during pregnancy, typical procedures, comfort measures, postpartum and newborn care, as well as a large emphasis on both self and family advocacy. Class is co-taught between 2 teachers and is located at 6439 Plymouth Ave St. Louis, MO 63133.
This position is not a W-2 eligible position and does not include benefits.This is a 1099 Contractor position and a W-9 is required for payment.
Compensation: Stipend $180 per day
2 Stipend Positions Available
BEA’s will rotate classes and are not expected to be present for all classes.
- 3 years as a Birthworker
- Formal or informal experience providing Childbirth education
- Provide Evidence based birthing class using the prepared slides, (additional information and personal flare can be added)
- Help Set up and break down (7:45-5:15)
- Distribute and collect class Evaluations
- Non-judgemental and Inclusive of all birthing individuals and birthing choices
- Competent in Cultural Humility and Trauma informed care
Dates for CBE Classes:
- 4/9 & 4/30
- 7/9 & 7/30
- Job application here or https://forms.gle/winXbZtALXUdt4dD7
- Cover letter and Resume
- Proof of Training/ Experience
- One professional or client reference for your childbirth education experience
Open till Filled. Apply ASAP